Summary of Changes:
- Changes to Membership:
- Membership terms are now one year from the date of payment rather than from conference to conference.
- Membership categories were added, which include Professional Member (voting), Student Member (non-voting), and Emeritus Member (non-voting).
- Membership may be obtained without attending a conference.
- The Inactive Member category has been removed.
- Professional Memberships paid for by an institution will be transferrable.
- Changes to allow electronic communication of meetings and votes.
- Removing the requirement for board members to make a personal financial contribution to the Association.
- Changes to the responsibilities of the “Immediate Past President” role, which will be an honorary and advisory role moving forward. There will no longer be a requirement that they assume the duties of the president in their absence.
- Wording and grammatical changes for clarity and consistency.
If you have any questions about the recent changes, please email email@example.com.